Tower! is the new tower simulation developed by feelThere.com.
It belongs to the new ATCSuite series.
Filesize : 140 Mb
Tower 2011 has been developed from scratch. feelThere has received feedback over the past few years concerning air traffic control games and these suggestions have been implemented in this new simulation. The initial release includes three airports to challenge controllers of all skill levels. The smaller airport has been specifically selected to allow new controllers to learn the software and air traffic control procedures. After gaining experience the two major airports offer multiple runways and high traffic volumes and will definitely challenge experienced controllers.
Your assignment is to guide aircraft of various sizes and capabilities to and from the active runway for landing and takeoff. As TOWER you must assure that it safe for a plane to enter or cross a runway, assign taxiway routes, when to stop and start movement, and clear aircraft for take off. Tower 2011 by feelThere provides you with flight strips, ground and air radar screens and top down view photorealistic background for the airport. Tower 2011 is no arcade game. With a complex command structure, advanced AI and Speech Recognition technology Tower 2011 will allow you to experience of the thrill of being a real air traffic controller (requires good quality microphone, correct configuration of Microsoft's speech SDK. TOWER recognizes only clearly articulated English, the international language of air traffic control).
Some highlights :
- 3 photorealistic airports : Los Angeles (KLAX - USA), Miami (KMIA - USA), St Thomas (TIST - Virgin Islands)
- Advanced artificial intelligence (AI) pilots follow complex tower commands when to taxi around airport and fly approach and departure procedures.
- Single and multiplayer editions
- Full voice control possible using Microsoft's speech SDK voice recognition technology (*)
- Photorealistic 2D graphics with dynamic lighting, shadows and ground traffic
- Complex simulation allow you to experience the real life duties of a tower controller.
- Create new airports, schedules and airplanes using the same editors used by the development team
- Aircraft will follow inflight heading and turn commands.
- Runway racetrack pattern commands are simulated.
- Runway assignments for arriving and departing aircraft may be changed.
- After takeoff headings can be assigned to aircraft prior to departure.
- Runway intersection takeoffs are simulated
- Many of the newly issued FAA commands are simulated (such as line up and wait, taxi to ramp/apron).
- Taxiway routing to and from parking and terminal areas can be assigned and changed.
- Hold short commands may be issued for taxiways and runways.
- Airport, schedule and airplane editors will be released and supported. These are the same editors used during TOWER's development.
- Dynamic lighting and shadows provide a stimulating visual environment. If you control for 24 hours you will see a full sun cycle calculated from real world data.
- Full ground traffic (cars on freeways and major highways and streets)
- Stereo sound.
- Voice commands can be used using Microsoft's Speech voice recognition technology.
This title belongs to ATCSuite.com.
Service Pack 1 fixes and improvements :
* Some of you asked about activating the shortcut keys on push in instead on release **FIXED**
* On the strips the airplane types are in IATA code we change them to ICAO **FIXED**
* In the airfield editor we will add an input for airport elevation **FIXED**
* In the airfield editor we will add an input for GMT-Local shift **FIXED**
* More intelligent approach AI. Can issue speed control or increase separation between slower/faster planes ** FIXED**
* Deleting a user profile crashed the game **FIXED**
* Minor routing issues at KLAX ** FIXED**
* For your request a checkmark will be added to the flight strip when you issue a Cleared to land command **added**
* Marking for intersection takeoff on the flightstrip will be added **added**
* Instead of saying "nine" the planes and the controllers will need to say "niner" ** FIXED**
* Another feature for the Arrival AI. Now Arrival can sequence planes between intersecting runways too ** FIXED**
* No more "Tower, please repeat the last..." instead "Say again" **FIXED**.
Minimum computer specification: 1.2 GHz Processor 1GB memory for Windows XP and 1.5GB memory for Windows Vista and Windows 7 256MB video card memory 700MB hard disk space Sound card Mouse Windows Speech Recognition language setting must be set to English US. If you own a non-English (non-Ultimate) version of Vista/Win 7, you can download a program called Vistalizator to change your OS to English. Click here to visit the Vistalizator website. **this tool and workaround is not supported by feelThere***
Minimum computer specification: